Before being lured by the countless wine tasting experiences, there are a choice of two rides today. A long but punchy route heads through the sensational Val d’Orica region and via the hill top town of Montalcino. Alternatively, shortening the loop leaves ample time for a lazy afternoon lunch with a generous glass (or two) of the revered Vino Nobile.
Today you can shorten the distance from 90km to 50km on reaching San Quirico. Please refer to your daily route notes for full details.
Tips and hintsThis ride is available on the tours: SGCRCTTFTM
Basic Equipment for Road Cycling
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling shoes
- Padded shorts and jersey
- Water bottle and cage
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.