After breakfast on the hotel’s terrace walk along the coast on a very pleasant cobbled path. Before too long you reach the hamlet of Damouchari, a small fishing village located in a pretty bay. Though this place is tiny, in the past it was of great strategic importance as it was the only natural harbour on the entire coast between Volos and Katerini. Today the bay provides a natural swimming pool with a pleasant pebble beach.
From Damouchari you continue along the coast to Fakistra beach where there is a possibility to visit the the cave of Krifo Scholio, which was used during the Turkish occupation as an illegal school! From here walk uphill on a path eventually reaching Tsagarada, a wide village with numerous churches and squares and with a panoramic view over the Aegean Sea. From the terrace of your characterful accommodation you can see the village square with its 1,000 year old plane tree. It has an incredible diameter of 14m!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.