Safety informationToday you may be walking past a few different areas where cows graze. Although generally very docile and used to walkers, keep your distance and never turn your back on a cow that is behaving strangely or aggressive. Be particularly vigilant around cows with calves.
Tips and hints
Schwansee - Dip your toes in the stunning alpine lake en route
Zugspitze - Take a detour from the Alpsee (30 min journey) to Ehrwald with the Tiroler Bergspitzbahn (www.zugspitze.at) from where you can reach the highest mountain in Germany in just 10 minutes!
The bus number 3 ( www.zugspitze.at/de/service/besuch-planen/bus ) departs from Ehrwald Kirchplatz and will take you to the cable car station (journey time approx. 20 min.). The last bus back to Ehrwald leaves at 17:00.
Highline 179 - Suspension Bridge: Pedestrian suspension bridge that stretches over a length of 406 m at an altitude of 114 m. It connects the ruin of castle Ehrenberg with Fort Claudia.
Take the bus, number 150 from the Reutte station (approx. 10 min.) Walk for approx. 10 min to reach Ehrenberger Klause. More information can be found here: www.highline179.tirol
We recommend wearing hiking boots that are well broken-in, plus a rain jacket and waterproof trousers in wet weather, as well as taking sun cream and a hat on nicer days.
In your information pack, you’ll find a detailed list of all the required hiking gear, including some good hiking boots, appropriate clothing, a rain jacket and a backpack.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.