Walk on mostly easy terrain on forests paths, concrete paths or hard packed earth. There are several crossings of river tributaries.
Distance 12.5 km
A private transfer (20 mins) brings you to the start of the Levada Nova, which you will follow to the charming village of Prazeres. Today’s walk is an easy-going one, winding through two valleys, pine forests and the usual abundant greenery. Stop at the small hamlet of Raposeira do Lugarinho en-route and enjoy a refreshment in its traditional bar, before continuing to Prazeres, where you’ll be picked up and taken back to the hotel in Jardim do Mar (1 hr).
Update: January 16, 2018
Safety informationDepending on the weather there are sections which are slippy and muddy where caution is advised. Some of the crossings over river tributaries can be slippy.
28S 297605 3624839
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view