Walk upwards though a conifer and beech forest before reaching Hania, the highest hamlet in the Pelion.
Distance 8 km
This morning depart from Portaria and follow a beautiful path upwards and through conifer trees under ‘Aidonaki’, a mountain in the western peaks of the Pelion. After a while the scenery changes and you walk through a beech forest. Just before reaching the highest hamlet of Pelion, Chania, you pass by the ruins of an old sanatorium lost in the forest. Here begins the ski resort of Chania at an altitude of 1250 m and where the air is cool and fresh. Stay overnight at a spa resort.
Update: August 27, 2021
34S 672112 4362031
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view