A pleasant riverside walk to the Castle of San Sebastian before descending to Barrio de O Berbes and then Redondela where you meet the main Camino Portuguese route.
Distance 23.2 km
Leaving Vigo by a pleasant river walk takes you to the Castle of San Sebastian. Descend to the Barrio de O Berbes, an area well known for its wonderful restaurants and where you can sample Ostras de la Ria (oysters of the river). Continue to Redondela, where the route meets the main Camino Portuguese way and cross the historic centre of Cesantes before descending to the seaside village of Arcade.
Update: August 01, 2018
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
29T 523775 4674800
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view