Today take a local bus (50 minute journey) to the intriguing capital of Malta, Valletta. Today’s walk takes in all the major sights of Valletta, including its impressive defensive walls, gardens, churches, chapels and cathedral. Some streets are no more than flights of steps, but what a wonderful place to explore with all its nooks and crannies.
Once through the City Gate, wind your way through the somewhat dour north side, with views of Sliema & Manoel Island. The south side feels sunnier & more exuberant, with leafy view points over the stunning Grand Harbour. Meanwhile just a 20 minute ferry journey transports you to a different city – the peaceful Vittoriosa, one of The Three Cities. This tour could easily be extended to include the nearby Senglea, & Cospicua.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.