A tough start for this section rewards with more stunning Peak District views as you cross the moorland and hills toward Standedge.
Distance 20.2 km
Be prepared to cover most of this section's ascent within the first few miles up to Laddow Rocks. Much of the way will be open moorland tracks, though you'll balance the wild wide open with more manicured landscape as you follow access roads along several resevoirs before reaching Standedge.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SK 05806 98060
30U 572072 5926133
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view