Your first day begins with a short transfer to Ta'Cenc, the starting point of your walk today. Enjoy a varied walk along the coast, past the harbour of Mgarr and rural landscapes.
Distance 10.9 km
Follow the route to the rocky cliff tops of the island, enjoying great views over the deep blue sea. Explore the quiet and laid-back life on Gozo as you discover hidden coves and sandy beaches on your way to Mgarr Harbour, where you can pause for lunch. Continue along the coast, taking in the views, before swinging inland to return to Qala for a well-deserved refreshing beverage!
Update: January 23, 2019
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
33S 432392 3986605
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view