The next few days of walking are much flatter and therefore easier! What you gain in ease, however, you forfeit in remoteness. This section passes through a much more urbanised section of country.
Distance 23.8 km
Walking through open heather moorlands, passing several reservoirs and cutting through the busy Calder Valley. You will overnight in the lovely town of Hebden Bridge at the end of this section.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SE 01831 09496
30U 567937 5937511
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view