Tackle a tough walk today, and follow the Camino across the Pyrenees.
Distance 24.2 km
The toughest section stage 1, with a steep climb to the Roncesvalles. Then pass across the Pyrenees on a route called Ruta Imperial (Imperial Route). You will be rewarded with wonderful panoramic mountain views and a great sense of achievement. An alternative route is available along the valley for those who prefer a more gentle option.
Update: February 26, 2020
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
30T 643269 4780433
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view