Ascend onto the Wolds, where the vistas continue to impress; you'll pass a few hill forts as you make your way to Birdlip.
Distance 12.2 km
Continue following the escarpment for much of this section, and along the way enjoy several notable natural and man-made sites. The distinctive Devil’s Chimney and the ancient site of Crickley Hill are both fascinating. Birdlip village has a traditional country inn.
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
SO 96815 17132
30U 565593 5745092
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view