A day of cliff top walking guides you to a major milestone of your trip, Land's End and the most westerly point of Britain.
Distance 10.5 km
This day includes wonderful cliff top walking and reaching Land’s End is a real high point on the South West Coast Path. Here views across to all of the amazing rock formations - The Armed Knight, The Irish lady and Dr Syntax head to name a few can be seen from here. Heading onwards follow the path past many coves and cliffs to the spectacularly located Minack Theatre at Porthcurno Bay. It is perched on top of the cliffs overlooking the bay and from here the steps lead down to the beach and the village.
Update: July 25, 2018
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
SW 35047 26300
30U 306490 5550765
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view