Leave behind the Yorkshire Dales and head in the direction of the looming Lake District peaks as you pass over farmland, through a valley and by Victorian viaducts.
Distance 25.4 km
The views and landscapes are delightful today as more evidence of the approaching Lake District forms up ahead, as you pass through slate roofed villages and amble across a beck. The mighty Howgills dominate the skyline for most of the day. Pass Black Moss Tarn and cross the River Sprint before heading into Burneside, your next port of call.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SD 66111 91395
30U 531065 6018898
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view