A pleasant circuit of a popular walk taking you along the water’s edge with great views of Portree Harbour and its colourful houses, then a steep climb through woodland, which opens out to views over farmland, and the outskirts of Portree. Return via the Cuillin Hills Hotel tarmac road (quiet, but be aware of traffic).
Please Note: The ground after the coastal path section, particularly around the farm, can be very wet after heavy rain. Although this is a short walk we recommend waterproof walking shoes or boots.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.