Begin by climbing steeply to pass of Forcella del Camp (1933 m), follow route 554 and skirt by the Civetta massif on an exposed trail. Take route 552 then route 548 to descend into the Val di Frela, towards the town of Agordo, where you can take a bus (approx. 40 mins) to Belluno (see your info pack for the timetable).
Alternatively, if you’d like a longer walk, continue beneath Civetta on route 554 to Rif Carestiato, before descending on route 548 into Agordo. Belluno is the perfect town in which to end your long distance trail, with its compact size, you can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the cafés and boutiques of the old town.
Tips and hints
There are some exposed sections today if you would prefer to avoid these leave the trail and walk to Capanna Trieste/ Listolade so you can catch a bus to Belluno
This route appears in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.