Today you can choose between one of the many trails taking from Rifugio Lagazuoi to Rifugio Nuvolau.
Distance 13.6 km
This stage is of great interest for both the spectacular mountains and abundant reminders of the terrible WWI years due to the vicinity of the former border between the long dismantled Hapsburg Empire and Italy. The main AV1 route embarks on a memorable traverse below the awesome Tofana di Rozes.
Update: January 30, 2019
Tips and hints
This route appears on the following itineraries:
33T 270542 5157031
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view