Descend the twisting mountain track back into civilisation, find time to reflect on the incredible vistas, wonderful food and wine, and unique characters you’ll have met along the Alta Via 1. The final stage of the walk is on routes 514 and 518 to Rifugio Bianchet (1245 m), through woodland before joining route 503 to meet the road at La Pissa, from where you can take a bus (30 mins) to Belluno.
Sadly there is no sign that this is the end of the Alta Via 1, except the bus stop that you’ll clearly see when you descend onto the road (it is close to La Pissa). However, you’ll be able to collect your pin at the tourist office in Belluno and celebrate this evening!
Tips and hints
This route appears on the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.