Walk from Rifugio Croda da Lago Palmieri to Cortina through peaceful pastures before returning to civilisation.
Distance 8.4 km
Descend into civilisation on tranquil tracks on route 432 to Chalet Pianoze, then follow minor roads into Cortina itself. You’ll pass through gentle pastureland and small villages, enjoying views across to the mountain ranges that encircle Cortina within a natural amphitheatre - to the east the Sorpis group, Fanes to the west, and Cristallo rising majestically behind the town.
Update: February 21, 2020
Tips and hints
This route appears in the following itineraries:
33T 277862 5152169
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view