Enjoy a walk through meadows with fantastic vies from Rifugio Citta di Flume to Rifugio Coldai
Distance 9.7 km
From Rifugio Nuvolau, start by returning to the road at Rifugio Averau, to avoid the route that takes in a short section of via ferrata. On route 452, reach Rifugio Passo Giau (2236m) then enjoy a wonderful afternoon of lovely walks through flower-filled meadows, taking route 436 then 467 to Rif. Citta di Fiume. Keep an look-out for eagles and marmots as you stroll through grassy fields and farmland.
Update: February 19, 2020
Tips and hints
This route appears on the following itineraries:
33T 278987 5146611
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view