Take a transfer from Mgarr, Gozo, to Qala, from where you begin your walk. Leave Qala behind and follow paths past farmland until you reach the west coast. Admire vistas of Comino, Malta, and the North West before descending into the unspoilt and lush landscape of Wied Dahlet Qorrot. Fields run all the way up to the coastal cliffs - listen out for songbirds and immerse yourself in these rural scenes.
Ascend the ridge to reach the beach at San Blas Bay and then to the last remaining natural sand dunes on Gozo at Ramla Bay. A final ascent leads past Calypso Cave (which has a legend associated to Homer’s Odyssey) to enter the Pjazza il-Vitorja in Xaghra.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.