Not long after leaving the beach this morning you will arrive at the pretty town of Caminha, the last Portuguese city of your walk, located at the mouth of the Miño River. Take a short ferry crossing to Camposancos where you begin the Spanish part of your journey through Galicia.
Arriving in A Guarda, explore its port, bustling town square with its impressive clock tower and the Church of Santa Maria.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.