Please take care while walking along the coastal path as some sections can be narrow and may have exposed cliff-edge walking. If any erosion has taken place a diversion will have been put in place so please follow these diversion details and signs where necessary.
If you wish to carry a hardcopy map, you can print off the daily maps directly from our app. However, if you wish to look at a map, we would recommend purchasing the guidebook Trailblazer's Cornwall Coast Path: SW Coast Path Part 2 - Bude to Plymouth by Henry Stedman & Joel Newton - this has daily maps with added information and guidance on the trial and the surrounding area.
Macs Adventure Blogs
Using our decades of experience we have written several blogs containing helpful tips, FAQ,s and more on all of our trips. Please follow the link below to access our blogs, where you can search for the south west coast path:
Sturdy hiking boots, layered clothing items, and a waterproof/wind-break layer may all be required. The weather in the south is usually better than the rest of the UK and temperatures can sore, especially in the summer months. Make sure to check the weather before you go to see if you need suncream or a waterproof layer, as the weather can change quickly.
Ensure your phone is fully charged; if you doubt the battery will last throughout the hike, it could be beneficial to bring a power bank.
Take plenty of water for the day's walk - especially if a high temperature in the summer.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.