After passing Wembury Point the path is easy to follow along low cliffs to Wembury Beach and onwards to Warren Point. From here you will cross the Yealm by ferry (seasonal) to the tiny settlement of Noss Mayo, your stop for the night.
Alternative routes — There is an alternative walking route around the Cattewater which is the official route of the SWCP. This is described in the guidebook.
Another alternative walking route round the Yealm estuary is described in the guidebook. This is an additional distance of 9 miles/14.5km. Public transport options are also available.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.