Your final day's walking to Santiago de Compostela.
Distance 26 km
Your final day’s walking and a definite highlight brings you to the famous Santiago de Compostela. First of all visit the Sanctuary of Escravitude, and the Alto de O Milladoiro, where pilgrims used to kneel when they first saw the Cathedral of Santiago. Shortly after arrive at the historic centre of Santiago by A Porta Faxeira and continue to the famous Plaza del Obradoiro, where the beautiful Cathedral sits and where all pilgrims converge.
Update: August 01, 2018
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
29T 527708 4731889
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view