Walk through alongside farmer’s fields to the Dewjra Lines/Victoria Lines built as lines of defence. From here there are magnificent views over the north of Malta.
Distance 15 km
A 15 minute transfer brings you to Malta’s old capital of Mdina. Described as the “silent city” it goes back over 4,000 years and played a major role in Malta’s past. After taking some time to explore Mdina follow the route to the Chadwick Lakes that take their name from the British engineer who built them in the 1890’s. The area alongside these reservoirs is very green and full of bamboo, willows and wildflowers. The route then climbs up to the fortified escarpment of the Dwejra Lines (Victoria Lines), which commands magnificent views to the north. The trail threads through farmlands & plantations to the city of Rabat & the Citadel of Mdina.
Update: August 21, 2018
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
33S 446125 3971268
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view