Descend from Milies towards the coast enjoying great views all the way. On the last section before reaching the coastal village of Koropi you walk on dirt roads and through olive groves. From Koropi walk to the nearby village Kala Nera, where it is possible to have a sustaining lunch in the shadow of the five huge plane trees in the village square.
Ascend via cobbled paths through a small hamlet until you reach the narrow gauge railway tracks, that you follow all the way back into Milies. These tracks are 200-300m above sea level and you will pass many engineering features from the past, plus a cave where, according to mythology, the centaur Cheiron taught Asklepios about medicinal plants and herbs.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.