Transfer information: If you are walking the trail over seven days or longer then we have arranged a morning transfer from Drumnadrochit to Loch Laide (you will walk this section in reverse from Loch Laide to Drumnadrochit) with Loch Ness Travel as detailed on your accommodation sheet. You will be transferred back to Loch Laide the following morning to continue your walk to Inverness.
After being dropped off at Loch Laide (near Abriachan Forest Trust Walks) you descend steadily through woodland and forestry to follow the shores of Loch Ness. The path then joins the busy A82 (on the pavement) and you endure a 1.5 mile stretch along the roadside before reaching Drumnadrochit.
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.