Leave the seaside town of Mallaig and take a loop walk up over the heathery moor with exposed rock, taking ample time to enjoy the peace of Loch an Nostarie.
Distance 5.9 km
This loop walk combines sea views with a visit to an attractive hill loch. The middle section of the path is often very wet and boggy underfoot. However, the views across to the Small Isles and mountains beyond Loch an Nostarie make this a very worthwhile walk. The picnic table at the loch makes for a delightful lunch spot.
Update: August 02, 2018
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
NM 67608 96993
30V 328213 6321546
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view