Start your Dingle Way hike with an included transfer (45 mins) to the southern coast of the Dingle Peninsula and the starting point of today’s walk in quaint Lispole. Head north and west along meandering country roads with views to the Iveragh Peninsula and then walk along the Connor Pass road and enjoy superb wide vistas as you walk down into Dingle itself.
The town is renowned for its music, seafood and culture. And with some 53 licensed premises you wont be stuck for somewhere to have a relaxing drink!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.