Follow the cliffs lining the coast to Luz, where a golden sand beach awaits you.
Distance 12.7 km
Start hiking from your Hotel in Lagos, a beautiful city full of character in Algarve. Head to the river and walk along it to the sea. Pass a fortress and the Castle of Lagos then follow the amazing coast line to Ponta da Piedade, where you will see impressive of cliffs overlooking the ocean, spot caves and rocks with a wonderful array of colours as you walk! In the distance spot the small town of Luz and it's beach.
Update: October 05, 2021
29S 528885 4106846
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view