This route is predominantly flat either along the coast or the coastal plain with just one section of low hills. There is one village en route & one section of path beside the reservoir. 85% tarmac lanes & minor road, 15% paths.
Distance 13.1 km
A short bus journey from the centre of St Helier offers good sea views along the coastal route. On disembarking at La Rocque Harbour you turn inland along Jersey Green Lanes, past market gardens & scattered country housing. On reaching the seaside village of Fauvic the route follows the seawall parallel to the Royal Jersey Golf Course. Before the castle of Le Mont Orgueil you turn inland to the village of Gouray, climbing up to a low ridge before descending to the Queens Valley Reservoir & the route back to La Rocque.
Update: July 25, 2019
30U 570607 5446312
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view