An awesome day as you head cross-country past Loch Breaclaich into the hills above Loch Tay.
Distance 19.5 km
This is the most challenging section of the way in terms of ascent and route finding so in poor weather conditions you should be willing to follow the south Loch Tay road if unsure of your route finding ability. On a good day it provides the highlight of this fantastic journey. Once you have descended to Ardeonaig you follow a minor road along the shore of Loch Tay to Ardtalnaig.
Update: January 24, 2018
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
NN 57130 32552
30V 418643 6258437
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view