From the starting point of the Dales Way, enjoy a gentle day of woodland walking, and cross the threshold of Yorshire Dales National Park, to pass the site of Bolton Abbey.
Distance 20.9 km
Starting at the Old Bridge in Ilkley you make your way north on your walk up to Burnsall and through lush meadowlands and past Bolton Priory. Pass by stunning bridges and medieval settlements before Burnsall Bridge comes into view marking the end of the stage. This quaint little town provides a few tea rooms and a local shop.
Safety informationThe is a section whilst walking down the B6160 which has no pavement, take care of oncoming traffic.
Tips and hints
Points of Interest
St Peter's Church
Farfield Friends' Meeting House
The Priory of Bolten Abbey
Food and Drink
Bolten Abbey - Filled with tea rooms
SE 11227 48068
30U 576789 5976214
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view