This section leads you out of Wharfedale and into Dentdale. You'll cross England's watershed as rivers that you now encounter will be running west toward the Irish Sea.
Distance 26.6 km
This path takes you past the river and to Deepdale Gill, which is a splendidly rugged area. The path then climbs and later you can take in the views of the three peaks, Whernside, Pen-y-ghent and Ingleborough. Evidence of the impending Lake District is now visible as you head towards the impressive Dent Head Viaduct.
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
SD 92617 78227
30U 557755 6006107
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view