On this 4-hour circular route explore the spectacular coastline east of Hermigua and have the option of walking down to the beach at La Caleta, with its pleasant open-air canopied beach bar (not open on wet days). The walk traverses an area damaged by extreme erosion, with varieties of wolf’s milk cacti and succulents, such as agaves and prickly pear cacti. Take care on the section between waypoint 07 and waypoint 08. The path may be damaged in places, so watch your step! Walking poles are recommended.
Please note that this walk is unshaded and has 4 steep ascents so please be sure to take sun-screen, a sun-hat, and plenty of water. You may wish to head out early to avoid the hotest part of the day.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.