Enjoy the spectacular views of the lunar landscapes today as you head to Sotres.
Distance 20.9 km
Start the day with a 30min transfer to Fuente Dé located high in the mountains at 1100m. Take the famous cable car right up to a height of 1835m and the edge of the Central Massif of the Picos de Europa mountain range. The limestone landscape up here is almost lunar-like and home to some amazing wildlife such as chamois, vultures and alpine birds like the Snowfinch and Rock Thrush.Walk through pastures filled with mountain chalets, cross a glacier valley and finally the wonderfully scenic Aliva Pass to arrive in Sotres, the highest village in the Asturian side of the Picos.
Update: May 30, 2019
30T 353165 4779503
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view