The Fruit Trail takes you on a journey through the heart of the largest fruit garden in Norway, the Ullensvang area, which boasts over 500,000 fruit trees. Continue down the Elvadalen river valley to a pretty waterfall before returning to Lofthus.
Tips and hints
We have booked a ticket for you on the ferry leaving Lofthus at 16:15 to take you to Norheimsund, arriving at 17:30. Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time for departure at Lofthus Quai.
The hotel will be able to point you in the direction of the quai, or they may even be able to phone the ferry company and have them stop at the hotel (which has its own dock) When you get off at Norheimsund, you will need to catch bus 925 to Bergen (payable locally), this costs approx. 160 NOK. View the latest timetables here – https://www.skyss.no/en/timetable-and-maps/buss/#bergen-and-surrounding-areas and find your best connections here - https://www.skyss.no/en/
As of August 2018, the times of the buses departing Norheimsund back to Bergen are 17:45 and 18:45.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.