Trace the shores of Loch Linnhe and join the Caledonian Canal heading north east on quiet forest paths to reach the tiny hamlet of Gairlochy where you’ll meet your driver for a private transfer to your accommodation (30 min).
Delight in the scenic drive along Loch Lochy to reach Glengarry Castle Hotel north of Laggan. This traditional country hotel stands alone in a remote area of the glen. Settle into your room and savor a hearty highland dinner.
Please see your personalised accommodation sheet for your transfer details.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.