The high route from Fort Augustus to Invermoriston climbs above the trees, with some challenging gradients, after which you will be rewarded with some fantastic views.
Distance 13 km
On leaving Fort Augustus diverge from the canal and begin your journey on the banks of Loch Ness. This section has some steep climbs and is mainly on good tracks. On a sunny day you will have excellent views of Loch Ness throughout so make sure you keep those eyes peeled for the monster - you might be lucky. Soon you will reach the charming village of Invermoriston.
Update: September 01, 2020
Rest StopViews over Fort Augustus
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
NH 37898 09174
30V 398297 6334753
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view