One of today's options for a short walk is this trail leading to a pretty waterfall not far from Flam.
Distance 5.5 km
Enjoy this short walk to a waterfall in the Flam Valley. First pass through farmland, which has, at certain times, some Highland Cattle grazing. Continue onto a woodland trail up to the Brekkefossen waterfall. A lovely, short but steep walk.
There is a Coop supermarket in Flam to pick up a packed lunch, as well as a few restaurants and food vans.
32V 397611 6749061
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view