Continue along the coastal plains, crossing expansive sandy beaches and dunes, the town of Marinhas, and Church of San Bartolome do Mar. Arriving at the mouth of the Neiva River, head inland briefly before returning to the coast and then walking along a forest path to the small port of Cabedelo. Cross the Eiffel Bridge into one of the most beautiful and best preserved historical centres in Portugal, Viana do Castelo.
Here you can visit the Church of Our Lady of Conception, the Castle of Mino, the stunning cathedral and a traditional goldsmith’s museum.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.