Short drive from your hotel in Estes Park to the Fern Lake Shuttle Stop parking lot, where you'll take the shuttle over to the start of the walk (see "Bear Lake to Fern Lake" hike for details).
Distance 12.2 km
If you have a cell phone with service in the US, use Google Maps to help navigate along with the Macs Adventure Mobile App!
Update: July 16, 2019
Tips and hintsThe Fern Lake shuttle stop parking lot is not very commonly-used, so there should always be parking. If not, you can always park at one of the nearby parking lots (Cub Lake or the Fern Lake trailhead lot itself), and walk to the Fern Lake shuttle stop to start the walk.
13T 456116 4469842
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view