Enjoy the nice walk through the countryside of County Clare. You can find some nice places where you will have really lovely views over the Aran Islands and you can also see the views back to Doolin.
You should definitely try the fish & chips in the O’Donohue’s Pub when you arrive in Fanore. If the weather is nice, you can walk along the beach of Fanore.
Safety informationBeware of passing cars as you are walking on tarmac roads most of the time.
Tips and hints
Bus Stop for Eireann Bus. In Doolin and Fanore you can find a bus stop. If you don't feel comfortable to walk the whole route you can use the bus. See the Timetable for Bus No. 350 - http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1477574876-350.pdf
When you leave Doolin, you can buy some water and snacks in the Doolin Inn.
EquipmentIf the weather is nice and sunny take a sun hat and sun cream with you. Ensure that you have enough water with you as there are no shops on your way to Fanore. Take waterproof rain jacket and trousers/pants with you just in case. Almost the whole way you will walk on tarmac roads so comfortable walking shoes are recommended but no boots are necessary.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.