This morning you'll ride with the luggage transport to the starting point for the walk. Please see your trip documentation/accommodation sheet for collection details. The walking route starts at Degollada dePeraza.
This longer option involves a stunning ‘traverse’ along the island’s barren southwest coast. There are some sections with sheer drops, but the path is well-maintained and way-marked. You have the option to stop for a refreshing swim on the last section, a pleasant way to end your week of walking trip on La Gomera.
Do NOT attempt this section alone OR after heavy rains. Remember to take enough water with you for the whole walk as it is exposed to the sun. There is only one way out, in case of emergency: via the beach and small pier at El Cabrito (go straight on at waypoint p11 or waypoint 14).
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.