Pass through rhododendron forests to be greeted by views of Cinque Torri's peaks on the way to Rifugio Nuvolau.
Distance 12.6 km
From Cortina, escape into the calm of the mountains. You can take an optional bus, which will skip the first 6 km of the walk if you wish (there are details in your info pack). After passing through the rhododendron forests the peaks of the Cinque Torri come into view and you'll soon reach Rifugio Averau (2413 m). Then it’s a 20 minute climb to the oldest Rifugio in the Dolomites— Nuvolau (2575 m).
Update: August 31, 2018
Tips and hints
This route is used in the following itineraries:
33T 280315 5157850
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view