Follow the route to Cleeve Hill to Dowdeswell enjoying a series of outstanding views from the Cotswold escarpment. Your overnight accommodation will be in nearby Charlton Kings which is approx 1 mile (1.6km) off the Cotswold Way,
Distance 9 km
As you circle around Cheltenham from up above, enjoy walking between lofty and open expanses, along woodlands and through reserves of Prestbury Hill and Dowdeswell. When you arrive at Dowdeswell Resevoir, follow your accommodation details for directions off the path to Charlton Kings where you will be staying overnight.
Tips and hints
This tour appears in the following itineraries:
SO 98572 26375
30U 567224 5754359
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view