One final and special day awaits! Walk through quiet woodlands to Lebeña with its Mozarabic church, and continue into the Picos mountains. Thsi section is sure to be a challenge, but the area is home to some of the best local cheeses, so a picnic lunch to stop and enjoy a sample whilst taking in the views is a must! Head through the mountain village of Potes, capital town of the Picos region, before a final push to the monastery of Santo Toribio.
Distance 24.1 km
This very beautiful 13th century monastery houses the largest remaining piece of the Lignum Crucis, believed to be the cross upon which Jesus Christ is crucified, and many pilgrims will have made the journey here to discover this important relic. After exploring you will be transferred back to Potes for your overnight accommodation, where you can explore the cobbled streets and enjoy one final delicious meal to finish off your journey through Green Spain.
Update: July 02, 2021
30T 374107 4788226
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view