Cross the deep forests of Mount Castelo before crossing a bridge to the province of A Coruna and Padron.
Distance 18.8 km
Leaving Caldas de Reis, cross the area of Mount Castelo where deep forests are dotted with the waters of the Valga River and ancient mills. Cross a bridge separating the provinces of Pontevedra and A Coruna to find Padron, home to illustrious Galician writers such as Camino Jose Cela and Rosalia de Castro.
Update: August 01, 2018
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
29T 529294 4716866
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view