Leave the Belorado via it's suburbs on a path running parallel to the N-120. The countryside opens up as you make your way in the direction of San Juan de Ortega.
Halfway along this stage you will 'climb' the mountains of Villafranca Montes de Oca along a path shaded by oak and pine trees before descending into the remote pilgri village of St John the Nettle and on to San Juan de Ortega.
Tips and hints
This walk is part of the following itineraries:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.